Are you plagued by being too busy? Feel like you have a million and one things to do and not enough time? Not getting necessary things done because you have so much on your to do list?
In today's society we have a lot going on between work, family and life. This can be overwhelming, draining and down right exhausting.
Here a couple of tips to help easy the frustration and overwhelming feelings that come with having too much on our plates.
1. Prioritize. What has to get done today? What needs your immediate attention? Marie Forleo has a great bit about this.
2. Ask for help. If you don't have to do it yourself, ask someone else to do. This eases the tension that you feel when the weight of the world is on your shoulders.
3. Cut yourself some slack. You are only human. There is only so much you can do. Give yourself permission not to get everything done, today.
4. Stop. Take a moment and breathe. Reconnect to yourself and your body. Really breathe in. Taking 3-10 deep breathes can really help slow down your mind and help you feel more relaxed and at ease.
5. Focus on something that brings you sense of stillness and peace, just for a few moments, while you take your deep breathes. This can add to the feelings of relaxation and reduce the feelings of tension and stress. (That's why I have the picture of the sunset. :) )
What works for you when you feel overwhelmed? How do prioritize? I would love to hear from you!