If you are not a subscriber to my mailing list, you are missing out on all kinds of awesome self care and self help tips. As well as, inspiration and motivation!
February is the month of love. However, for some it leaves them feeling lonely, bitter, and worse unloved and unappreciated. Regardless of your dating status you deserve love! Especially from yourself! In the words of Ru Paul, "If you can't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?"
Before I dive into ways to improve your relationship with you. Let's start with some gentle self care tips. Here are my top 5 (featured in my newsletter)
1. I love tea. Sipping a hot cup of tea helps me to refocus and recenter. When I drink my tea, I really savor it, using my 5 senses to be in the moment.
2. A hot bath with epson salt or Himalayan salt and aromatherapy. Nothing slows down a nervous system like a hot bath. Aromatherapy engages our sense of smell, taking relaxation and healing to the next step.
3. Morning meditation. I use to start the mornings off looking at my phone, checking social media and emails. Not the best tone to start the day. Now, I take time to reflect, center and ground. I check in with myself and my body.
4. Before I fall asleep, I give gratitude for all the wonderful people, events and items in my life. For anything special that happened during the day. Then I drain the day away. I give permission to let go of and release anything that I no longer need consciously or unconsciously. I also call back all of me and return all of everyone I have encountered. This helps get the clutter of daily interactions out of my mind.
5. Being outside. Whether it's going for a run, a hike, or just walking my dogs. Being outside helps me recenter myself. Especially if I am frustrated or upset, I just stop what I am doing and get outside. Try it next time, you need a break, go outside, just for a minute. Enjoy the elements. Tune into what's around you. Take in your landscape with childlike wonderment.
What self care rituals do you love to use?